WHAT ARE WE DOING TO HELP STOP THE SPREAD?
Information for patients and customers regarding eye-testing and optometry services at Taylor Eyewear.
UPDATED: March 28, 2020.
NOTE: IF YOU FEEL AT ALL UNWELL OR HAVE TRAVELLED OVERSEAS IN THE LAST 21 DAYS PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND OUR STORE UNANNOUNCED. CALL US INSTEAD AND WE WILL ASSIST YOU IN YOUR ENQUIRY OVER THE PHONE.
To our dear customers,
We have moved to limit the number of customers we are seeing in the store as per the upcoming restrictions that will be announced by the Australian Government. You can still have your eyes tested, however, we will have our optometrist contact you prior to your appointment to determine if it is necessary for you to attend.
Examples of instances where you would need to be tested include (but are not limited to):
- A sudden loss of vision
- Pain and Redness
- Seeing haloes, or circles around lights
- Experiencing new floaters or flashes of light
- Bulging or swelling of the eye
- Foreign body in the eye or trauma to the area
- Double vision
- Sudden and persistent blurred vision
You can still come in to have your glasses repaired, collect orders or order new glasses if needed. We also have the facility to take orders and payments for products over the phone and can arrange delivery directly to your home.
For those who are attending our store, we have put in place a number of measures to combat the impact of COVID-19. To ensure the safety of our customers and staff we are:
- Providing hand sanitiser and hand washing areas for staff and patients
- Frequently wiping down all surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectants and immediately wiping them down after they come into contact with people
- Cleaning all frames with disinfectant wipes immediately after being tried on to minimise the risk of spreading germs
- Limiting the number of patients seen per day and allowing more time to wipe down optometry and diagnostic equipment between testing
- Limiting staff attendance to essential staff only
- Limiting customer attendance within the shop to keep a safe distance between us all
For more information about preventing COVID-19, see the diagrams below or go to health.gov.au
We wish our customers and their families the best in these unsettling times. Stay safe, be kind and look out for each other.
Matt, Daniel, Bill & Staff.